Engineering Extravaganza for British Science Week 2019
The Leaders Awards are celebrating British Science Week 2019 by holding an Engineering Extravaganza in which they will hold two ‘Meet an Engineer’ interviews engineers every school day, starting from 8th March.
The Live Online Engineer Events are available to all schools registered for the Scottish Engineering, Primary Engineer and Secondary Engineer Leaders Awards.
And here’s the line-up:
- Jenny Roberts a Mechatronic Engineer – Friday 8/3/19, 10.30 am-11.30 am
- Gerry Ward – Manufacturing Engineer – Friday 8/3/19, 1.30 pm-2.30 pm
- Iulia Motoc – Roboticist – Monday 11/3/19, 0.30 am-11.30 am
- Mike Baldwin – Lead Mechanical Engineer – Monday 11/3/19, 1.30 pm-2.30 pm
- Elaine Meskhi – Engineering Consultant – Tuesday 12/3/19, 10.30 am-11.30 am
- Eleanor Davies – Structural Engineer and Women Like Me participant – Tuesday 12/3/19, 1.30 pm-2.30 pm
- Yeff Karpuchenko – Mechanical Engineer – Wednesda 13/3/19, 10.30 am-11.30 am
- Mike Jeschke – Materials Engineer – Wednesday 13/3/19, 1.30 pm-2.30 pm
- Stephanie Alexander – Automotive Engineer – Thursday 14/3/19, 10.30 am-11.30 am
- Lorna Bennet – Renewables Mechanical Engineer – Thursday 14/3/19, 1.30 pm-2.30 pm
- Graeme Ralph – Manufacturing R&D Engineer – Friday 15/3/19, 10.30 am-11.30 am
- Victoria Howells – Flight Simulation Engineer – Friday 15/3/19, 1.30 pm-2.30 pm
These events are expecting to very popular, so the Leaders Awards are recommending that schools who want to take part register their interest by emailing email@example.com as soon as possible citing the relevant engineer’s name and your school name in the subject line of the email.
Post adapted from the Engineering our Future blog originally written and posted online by Laura Hobbs on 5th March 2019.