One-off Experiences Celebrating the City
Bristol Open Doors celebrates the past, present and future of our city through a whole host of events 13 -15th September.
There are tours, workshops, tours and lots of one-off experiences. We’ve picked out some of the top-ones that highlight Bristol’s culture of science:
- Learn how the Victorians cultivated plants for culinary and medicinal purposes at Blaise Community Gardens
- Do you dare discover what happens to Bristol’s stinkiest sewage? There’s a tour of BRISTOL BIORESOURCES & RENEWABLE ENERGY PARK
- Curious about the history of our maritime city? All aboard the BOATS & BRIDGES TOUR
- Swing by Brunel’s forgotten bridge to see how a passionate group of volunteers are working to conserve a piece of Bristol’s engineering history – BRUNEL’S SWIVEL BRIDGE
- What happens at an asphalt plant? Gain an exclusive insight as you get into the nitty-gritty of road-making in Bristol at AVONMOUTH ASPHALT PLANT
- Embark upon a journey to uncover the exceptional story of the former Filton Airfield, traversing its past, present and future. On a coahc tour of the BUILDING BRABAZON: FROM CONCORDE TO CONCERTS
- Since the creation of the Floating Harbour in 1809, Underfall Yard has been crucial to its operation, visit the VICTORIAN WORKSHOP TOURS
You can see more of the events listed here.