Transform Our World Youth Summit
This November, across four days during the global COP26 Climate Conference, the Transform Our World Youth Summit is bringing together UK schools for an online journey of exploration.
It’s free to sign up to the Transform Our World Youth Summit. It’s a great opportunity for schools to come together online to join in a journey of climate learning, discovery and action.
Educators sign up as users to Transform Our World in order to access the Summit and also get access to a range of environmental education resources.
Throughout the Summit, young people will learn about practical action, that they have a role to play and that they’re united in compassion with others who care like they do.
Days of the Summit are themed, as follows:
- Wednesday 3rd November – Action to Transform Our World,
- Monday 8th November – Power to Transform Our World
- Wednesday 10th November – Values to Transform Our World.
Friday 12th November, the final day of the Youth Summit, is also the final day of the COP Conference, and young people will be presenting a summary of what’s happened during the Summit. In addition, the finale event will be a panel discussion talking about how we can make the most difference in transforming our world.
There are sessions for primary and secondary students on all days, the timetable is available to view and features a range of sessions, from COP26 to careers, to Big Discussions, campaigning and more. Educators can explore what’s planned and choose what they’d like to join with their students.
A team of Transform Our World Youth Ambassadors are working to plan, deliver, support and promote the Summit. Some of them will feature as youth presenters during the Summit, delivering regular digests of what is happening at COP26 for the Summit student audience.
Top 6 ways to get involved
- Become a Transform Our World user and subscribe to the newsletter to be kept informed about the Summit.
- Tell us your plans! Let everyone know which events you’re joining by using the hashtag #TOWSummit
- Get your students to make a #PromisetothePlanet – On Friday 5th November 2021, during COP26, young people and schools across the UK will form a Forest of Promises, displaying leaves made by students on a ‘tree of promises’ and starting a conversation in the wider community about the changes needed to address climate change.
- Encourage your students to write a Letter to the earth – Encourage your students to take a moment, put pen to paper, and write. (Letter can be to or from anything, another species, a person or a moment in time).
- Share our social media assets – please download our campaign assets below and share them on your social media channels.
- Use #TOWSummit – Don’t forget to always include the hashtag and share the website.
The Transform Our World Youth Summit is coordinated by Global Action Plan and hosted on the Transform Our World hub. Transform Our World is funded through the #iwill Fund, which is made possible thanks to a £54 million joint investment from The National Lottery Community Fund and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) to support young people to access high quality social action opportunities, such as volunteering and campaigning, around the issues that matter to them.