Enviroment/climate focused home-friendly resources
21 Apr 2020
It’s great weather to be getting kids outside, exploring their local environments as they learn, and a fantastic opportunity to encourage them to look after their planet.
We’ve compiled just a few great sites for enivornment and sustainability based resources – hopefully this is helpful for setting some interesting homeschooling for your classes.
- for Bristol relevant climate change activities, try out the Clair City educator pack
- keep it upbeat with optimistic stories and resources from Conservation Optimism
- check out this short film from Fuse school explaining atmosphere and climate change
- and there’s lots more short informational videos on Climate for Kids YouTube channel
- sustainability lesson plans and guides can be easily sifted through, according to age, theme, type and topic, on the Kids Against Plastic website
- ThoughtBox Education have compiled a lot too – there are free lesson plans as well as homeschooling videos to explore the world
- if you’d like to focus on a particular sustainable development goal, UNESCO have some great activities and multimedia resources for different age groups
- finally, there’s a searchable list by topic and age curated by Children in Permaculture that’s worth a dig through
We’re not the only ones trying to help teachers and parents out atm, and so if these links have merely whetted your appetite for eco-homeschooling resources then take a look at this more extensive list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xHlqL58XnncgIBBB-XHgrNGXhydjxZE1lbjm3Hnl_sk/edit