Up to £700 available for school science events
Events can be for students, parents and the wider community, including other schools in the area.Three levels of funding are available:
- £150 for a school event organised and delivered by a group of students
- £300 for school-organised events
- £700 for school-organised events involving students and the local community
All applications can be made via the online form: www.britishscienceweek.org/apply-for-a-grant
The deadline for submissions is Monday 12 November 2018, at 17.00.
To be eligible, schools must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- More than 30% of students supported by pupil premium or equivalent
- More than 30% of students from black, Asian or minority ethnic groups (BAME)
- Located in a remote and rural area (postcode classified as Rural)
Visit the British Science Week website for more information, where you can download the grant guidelines, find case studies of previous grant recipients, activity resources and other event ideas.
If you plan to run an event during British Science Week, tell us about it by pledging it on the Science Live website, where we can help you promote it and find speakers.