Who we are
UWE Bristol provide links to contemporary research in education and science communication best practice. The network lead is UWE senior lecturer Dr Laura Fogg-Rogers and Project Coordinators are Dr Louisa Cockbill and Ms Ana Bristow.
A network for people and organisations wishing to promote, support and deliver inspirational STEM education in primary schools across the West of England region.
A West of England Network
Our Local Stakeholders:
- Tommy Jarvis, Bristol Learning City
- Amy Seadon, Aerospace Bristol
- Jane Hack, Bristol Museums
- Chris Rochester, Leaders Award
- Ellie Cripps, University of Bristol
- Hannah Tebbutt, Future Quest, UWE
- Charlotte Thomas, Ashton Gate Primary School
- Komilla Datta, Head of Filton Avenue Primary School
- Robert Bates, MOD
- Rebecca Bound, Renishaw
- Fiona Doughton, West of England Combined Authority
- Francesca Andrews, National Composite Centre
- Emily Merrison, Airbus
- Claire Arbery, Institute of Technology
If you are interested in your organisation becoming a Curiosity Connections supporter or in joining the advisory board then please contact Laura Fogg-Rogers.
Development of Curiosity Connections was initiated by a grant from the Higher Education Funding Council for England in 2017.
In 2018/19 the network was funded as part of a Royal Academy of Engineering Ingenious grant awarded to UWE.
Digital Engineering Technology & Innovation (DETI) is a strategic programme of the West of England Combined Authority (WECA), delivered by the National Composites Centre, in partnership with the Centre for Modelling & Simulation, Digital Catapult, the University of the West of England, the University of Bristol, and the University of Bath.
Industry partners include Airbus, GKN Aerospace, Rolls-Royce, and CFMS, with in kind contributions from UWE, Digital Catapult and Siemens. DETI is funded by £5m from WECA, with co-investment from the High Value Manufacturing Catapult and industry.
Connected by curiosity
Curiosity Connections is also linked to the team at Curiosity Sussex – who are connecting the local Sussex community to STEM events.